Ionic zinc delivers zinc in a form that passes more directly to where it can be absorbed by the intestine. The zinc is easily broken down in the stomach so is more readily available. This supplement provides a low dose of zinc, so it is suitable for gradual addition to the diet.
Zinc is found throughout the body and is involved in a considerable number of processes and functions:
- The metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and vitamin A.
- Keeping the immune system working.
- Protein manufacture and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails.
- Muscle growth and reproductive health.
- DNA synthesis and cell division.
- As an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage.
- Maintaining healthy bones.
- Supporting cognitive performance.
- Normal vision.
The body is able to regulate its zinc levels so that, within certain limits, any excess is discarded; it only needs what it needs. A supplement is only required in cases of deficiency, or in cases of clinical need for a specific targeted application of zinc.
The daily requirement of zinc is readily available in a balanced diet, including vegetarian diets if they include wholegrains and pulses (such as beans and lentils). Deficiency should only arise through lack of sufficient sources in the diet, or through problems with the body’s capacity to absorb and use zinc.
The recommended daily intake of zinc is 10mg.
Excessive zinc consumption can have toxic effects, or could lead to anaemia. Do not take more than 25mg total zinc intake per day unless under specific medical advice. In case of doses above 50mg per day, about 5mg per day of additional copper should be considered.
VeganNo Gluten Containing IngredientsNo Nut Containing Ingredients
DIRECTIONS / DOSAGE